Saturday, 17 March 2012

The Little Things

My son is 9 yrs old. Each morning I am up and leaving for work long before he wakes and I always sneak in to kiss him goodbye. I have been a bit ill this week with cold/flu like symptoms. Nothing to keep me from work but just enough to make me feel like crap. This morning as I went to kiss my son goodbye I stopped short and thought "I probably shouldn't spread my germs.....he doesn't know the difference anyway". I turned and walked out the door.

Before today my son has never acknowledged that he knew I always kissed him goodbye. After I had been gone about half an hour my wife sent me a text and said that he had walked into our bedroom crying because Daddy hadn't kissed him goodbye like he does every morning. My heart crumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment