Many people have increasingly been sensitive with tribe to
an extend of even changing their names to use two English names, like, John
Evans when he is John Kamau, or Jane Peters when she is Jane Anyango.
This is inferiority complex at work. You have to be proud of
who you are, your tribe and where you come from. That is what made you. That is
what moulded you. That is what raised you to be a great person you are. No one
applied to be born, Luhya, Kikuyu, Kamba, Luo, Teso, Kalenjin, Maasai, Somali,
Mijikenda, etc. In every tribe we have the best and the worst characters. This
is a balance. NO tribe or person should be seen as superior to the other.
My lovely brothers and sisters. Let us love each other and
STOP being sensitive to nothing. We will always be of a tribe and that is the
beauty of Kenya. Let us not lie to ourselves that there is only one tribe,
KENYA. Kenya is not a tribe but a unifying factor. It is a beautiful image of
many colours (tribes). Like we do have favourite colours, we cannot therefore
say that the other colours are bad. I love the blue colour because I find it
beautiful. This does not mean the red colour is ugly. If anything, I know of a
person who prefers Red to Blue.
Lastly, I would like us all to share this message to all
your friends, family and relatives.
No comments:
Post a Comment