Jesus (to whom I swear my allegiance) said, the poor will always be among you. Poverty is relative. You might be the richest person in your region, and yet poor compared to others. We are all beggars at some point. You are either begging someone, the government or God. The rich too beg shamelessly, trust me.
Why begging? You may ask.
Today, I want to highlight the plight of the 'lowest' in our society's success chain. The beggars in our streets. These people choose requesting you for something small over stealing. I haven't met any of them who uses force. Maybe a little persistence which is a key to success.
Now, why all these? I have witnessed or overheard some folks (who are obviously believers) gramble that these constituent of beggars make alot of money, or most of them ain't genuine and so on, and so forth. Their argument is, they should not be assisted. They are something worse than con-persons. Really? How true this is, I do not know. All I know is, if they were millionaires, they wouldn't be embarrassing themselves on the streets. They would probably have invested their monies and so enjoying life in a beach somewhere. I know someone is like, "... but what about the fake cripples? " Hehehe. Yes, that in itself is not right. However, if they came to you asking for something to eat or anything, standing on their two legs, would you help them? Would you not tell them to go husstle? And how many of you have papers and yet have no jobs? Why can't you apply what you learnt in school and create employment instead of complaining about lack of jobs? Mhh.
Is it any different?
Are, we not living in the same world?
Is poverty not humiliation enough?
Hypocrisy will kill us.
Do we know that for you to be employed even as a cleaner or a househelp you need an ID card that those street folks don't have? Mhhhhh. The truth is, they die poor and without identity. 'Wanaishi kwa kudra za Mwenyezi Mungu.' No one cares for them. Not even the government of the people by the people. Maybe we don't consider them as human beings.
In Kenya we say, 'Kutoa ni moyo, utajiri ni usambe." Help without expecting anything in return. Look at those street children as our brothers and sisters who deserve love and affection. If you don't have something to offer, shut up and walk away.
#iAmKlassik
#EveryHumanMatters
#EveryHumanMatters

No comments:
Post a Comment